Are you looking forward to visiting a piercing and tattoo studio for tattooing your palms? If your answer is yes, then you should first know whether it is possible to tattoo your palms or not. Well, in this detailed guide, we will clear all your confusion and doubts. So, now, let’s dig into the detailed discussion. Artists need to be strategic when it comes to creating a palm tattoo for a client.
All That You Need To Know About Tattooing Your Palms
- One of the important things to note in this aspect is that there are in total 17,000 touch receptors. Free nerve endings in each of your palms. These have been designed in such a manner to pick up sensations of pain, vibration, movement, and pressure. While you are considering tattooing, then you may experience a lot of pain along with a significant amount of discomfort.
- Although your palms are somewhat less sensitive when compared to the inside of your fingertips. The tattoo will hurt more than getting it done on other areas of your arm.
- If you are considering tattooing your palms, then you should closely follow the aftercare instructions to prevent any complications. You need to make habits to grab things with your hand as well as fingers particularly in a spider position until it heals. It will take around 6 weeks for it to heal. Only after 6 weeks, you would be able to apply the normal friction or pressure to your palms. Get back to your day-to-day activities.
- In case you want to get both of your palms tattooed. Then you should necessarily avoid doing both in the same 6-week period. Otherwise, you would face a lot of difficulties to carry out your necessary daily activities.
- If you have done tattooing one of your palms, then you should allow it to heal first. After your one palm is completely healed, then you should consider tattooing your other palm. In this way, you would be able to avoid any issues and ultimately, achieve top-notch outcomes.
- You should essentially keep in mind that the skin on your palms tends to have a faster regrowth pattern when compared to the skin on the rest of your body. Although it seems like a good thing, it is what makes your palm tattoo more prone to speedier fading.
Due to this particular reason, palm tattoos specifically require retouching every few years. So, you should prepare for touchups all through your life. Maintenance, aftercare, and how much you utilize your hands will contribute to extending the life of your tattoo.
At The End!
We hope, after reading this detailed guide, you have got a very good idea about the important things to consider while tattooing your palms. In case, you are considering visiting a tattoo and piercing shop for tattooing your palms, then you should essentially have a clear idea about all the above-mentioned things. Only after that, you would be able to get the best results. Consider booking a consultation with a professional tattoo and piercing shop today.